Thursday, February 28, 2008

Wittenberg, home of Martin Luther



Tuesday, 2-26 we went out of the city to the medieval city of Wittenberg. What a beautiful place! Cobblestone streets, cute houses, and the monestary where Martin Luther lived. And, we saw the door where he nailed his theses (picture above). Again the weather was cold, but the rain held off until the afternoon. The train trip to and from Wittenberg was also fun. It was over an hour through the countryside, so we were able to see things other than city buildings.

1 comment:

ke ai said...

When I heard we were going to visit Martin Luther's home, I was quiet happy because I remember learning about him freshman year in Ms. Brooks history class. See I do remember my history!The Interior of where he lived was outstanding. We were able to see his books and weapons that he once used. As I was walking in Martin Luther's home I started to remember that he was a reformer of a church , he was born on NOvember 10, he was a monk and he studied theology. This was one of my favorite places hat we visited- Ama