Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Visit to the Olympic Stadium


Monday of our second week, we began with a trip to the sight of the 1936 Olympic Games. It was during this Olympic Games that Jesse Owens won 4 gold medals, angering Adolph Hitler. After a visit that included freezing rain, we went to lunch and out shopping, which was much needed!

4 comments:

JohnHarden said...

John Harden

The Olympic Stadium was quiet interesting and I had an alright time walking around the giant stadium. The weather was okay before it began to rain. Well at the Stadium I had some German chocolate which was very tasty and I even bought a German soccer jersey. The story of Adolf Hitler and Jesse-Owens is very cool and inspiring.

Samantha said...

The Olympic Staidum was interesting, I really liked being there and being in the same place that the olympics have taken place, it was very cool. I learned some cool trivia about Jesse Owens, the his initials are JC Ownens, and the JC is where Jesse came from.

ke ai said...

The Olympic Stadium was very big and inspiring. At the Stadium I learned about Jesse Ownes winning in the olympics. He didnt get his hand shook or any recognition from the German and American president because he was a minority.-Ama

Unknown said...

The Olympic Stadium was interesting and I learned alot about America's response towards Afircan Americans during the time of Hitler's Nazi regime. Like Hitler, the president of America didn't want to shake hands with Jesse Ownes. WOW!!!

-Dominique