Tuesday, 2-19 in Berlin!
Today we visited the Berliner Dom, a cathedral that dates back to Kaiser Wilhelm. Talk about amazing. The inside of the ground floor is filled with gold, and there is a gigantic organ. Our host, Klaus, asked if we wanted to climb to the top in order to see a view of the city. I immediately said absolutely, not knowing the top was over 205 steps away. And the stairs were a tight spiral. It was a trek but worth it! Afterwards, we went to the Bundestag (formally known as the Reichstag), or German parliament. There we had a short tour then went again up a circlar staircase to another dome where again we had a fabulous view of the city. We are pictured there. In the evening we were welcomed by the staff of Partnership International at an evening party.
Tshüß (see yä!)
Nancy
3 comments:
I was the one that counted all those steps! My math skills are improving, lol.
Oh gosh those steps... I was so tired I couldnt... I felt like crying .. hahaha.. Im not the fittest person alive....Ama
Can't wait to see some of your photos from the dome in the Bundestag. I wonder how Germany has changed since I was there more than 10 years ago.
Post a Comment