So, after a week in Berlin we had the weekend to experience different activities, students with their host families and Ms. Prevosti and I with our host from Partnership International, Klaus Wuttich.
Ms. Prevosti and I travelled about an hour out of the city where we stayed at a lovely Bed & Breakfast. From there, Mr. Wuttich took us to Gorlitz, a medieval city on the east border of Germany. There we toured the town, sitting at a cafe that looks at the Neisse River across from Poland. After our lunch, we walked across a bridge and were in Poland! In Gorlitz we visited a church that dates back hundreds of years and other historic sites including a building where Napolean once slept! That evening Mr. Wuttich treated us to dinner at a beautiful restaurant that used to be the old cellars of various homes. We chose a spot that looks like a cave where we ate a delicious meal. Then, on Sunday, we went to Dresden. OMG! What a beautiful city. Dresden is famous for its beautiful palaces, all of which were badly damaged in the fire bombing during WWII. The weather was fabulous, nearly 70 degrees, so we had a lovely day.
Tschuss! (German for bye)
Mrs. Kaplan and Ms. Prevosti
4 comments:
This weekend was a lot of fun. On Saturday, most of us hang out at the park, where there is a legal graffitti wall, with over thirty layers of piant on it, because people paint over other people's work to paint their own. After that Conor, Kasey, George, karolin, and the girl that Rachel is hosting, and myself went rock climbing. We all hung out for a little while longer and then went home to hang out and get ready to go out. Saturday night we went to this party on a boat that, which sucked, so we left twenty minutes after we arrived, and then we went out to eat and then we all went home. On Sunday we all went to the zoo, which is way better than ours in Staten Island, there were Rhinos, polar bears, lions, and tons of monkeys.
John Harden
This weekend I experinced a great deal of different things. I had the chance to go to a German History Musuem and took it. Sadly, for the most part, everything was in German and I lacked the ability to translate into English myself. Therefore I was not able to read alot of the descriptions and blurbs about the artifacts and could only look at them. I still had alot of fun and after had currywurst for the first time in my life. At the end of the day on both Sunday and Saturday, Karl, James, Adrian and I went to play pool at a bar. The Germans are very good at pool, I am not suprised however.
This weekend was one to remember. From partying to going to one of the greatest spots for teenagers to hang out and going to the zoo. On Friday we all went to a concert which was fun because the music was very dramatic and the instructor always moved to the beat.After COnor, DOminque, Sandra(DOminques host sister), George(Conors host brother) and myself went to a costume party. The teens at the party were very welcoming and crazy. They loved pushing one another while dancing, and apparently I got pushed across the room, haha. On Saturday we went to the park which is a hot hang out spot for teens when the weather is nice. There was a long wall where evetyone was aloud to grafiti on and I put my name. However two days later when a group of us went back my name was gone:(. Later on that night we went to a get together on a boat. Then we went to a pizzeria and DOminique and I went to a famous American restaurant called The Sixties .Then on Sunday most of us went to the zoo, which was a relazing and cool experience. After the zoo some people came over my host sister LIn lAn's house to watch high school musical 2. It was good and plus I never seen it before.
Post a Comment